Friday, December 26, 2008

My Fun Christmas, 2008

I had a very fun Christmas! You know why? It all started when I woke up to pee. But, I figured out that Santa Claus might have just arrived and is putting a gift in my stocking. If he sees you trying to sneak up at him, he won't come, really. So, I went back to sleep and tried to hold my pee so Santa would have time to put his gift inside.

Thoughts came rushing to my head. Oh no! I thought. Mom surely forgot to put milk and cookies on the table. What if Santa doesn't come? What if he gives me coal? What if he won't give me anything at all? I just tried to stay calm and I waited for the morning.

Three hours later, I woke up and I figured out it was morning. So, I went down the ladder of my bunk bed (I'm on the top bunk) and quietly went to the door. Until, I saw Dad opening his eyes so I went down and rolled under my bed. I then peeked a few seconds later and he was asleep once again. I opened the door and closed it quietly.

I rushed to my stocking and then, there was a book, Ramona The Brave, and a cute toy chihuahua I named Charly. It was a boy, I had to admit. So, I went in the room and opened the book. Charly just gazed at me and I pet him and hugged him.

Seven minutes later, I heard a door open. Oh no! Perhaps my parents noticed I was gone and then, they would come to say" WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN, YOUNG LADY?" But, it was Mom and she saw the cute dog and the book. "Good morning! What did Santa give you?" was her first question. I showed it to her. He also gave me a letter. It said my sketch was totally helpful and that I was nice this year. I gave him a sketch because we moved to a new house and he might drop the things in our old house. But, it was pretty complicated.

And then, at exactly 11:00am, we left for church. Of course, we prayed and I made a long prayer greeting Jesus "Happy Birthday!". And then, we gave Buknoy, the crossing guard, a hat, a calendar, P200 and much more.

I felt pretty happy giving him that. So, we headed to Papa Roding's house and ate lunch. It was a feast! Lengua, inihaw, fruit salad! It made me so hungry and then afterwards, I felt so full just after 4 servings of rice and inihaw.

After nearly two hours and a half, we left for National Book Store. I finished Ramona The Brave as quick as three people can finish eating a large family pizza. And then, we went to the bookstore and I bought two books: The Trumpet of The Swan (half way to the end) and Marley and Me (haven't started it yet). I was planning for Holes and The Egypt Game, or Yolanda's Genius and The Westing Game but I found The Trumpet of The Swan's summary touching and witty and Marley and Me's summary wonderful and touching.

So, I bought two books, got P700 from my lolo (grandpa in English), welcomed Charly to my stuffed toy collection and had a very good Christmas!

No comments: