Tuesday, December 25, 2007

My 1st Christmas Party

I spent my first Christmas Party at school. We were all assigned to wear casual wear. I was so excited because I could show the entire classroom how sassy I look like without the plain shirt and checkered skirt. I came in the classroom, full of excitement. But the party hasn't even started yet. Mommies were inside the classroom telling my classmates to give gifts to everyone. I grabbed a piece of paper that my mom gave me with reminders. It said first" Ask Polly and Sam if they gave the gifts to their mommies". I asked Sam and her mom was there. She said" Hi Angel! Say thank you to mommy for the gift!" That answered my question. So, I asked Polly. She always does "pa-cute" when she talks. She answered" Yeah! My mom liked it!" I went back to my table. Then, my classmates started giving me gifts. I sat next to my acquaintance, Clark. I didn't know that he would give me a gift. So he gave it to me slowly and shyly. I opened it with a smirk. It was a notebook! How would he know what I wanted for Christmas that I forgot to put in my wish list? I got lots more. I looked at the paper with reminders. It said" Give the gift to Sr. Theresia." I forgot her gift in the classroom so my adviser kept it. I asked her" Ms. Vicky, where is the gift for Sr. Theresia?" She said" Oh I gave it to her last night!" So I looked at it again. It said: Give the gift to Amanda. So I did it. After 15 minutes, I went with my adviser to the Telecommunication Center. After that, I greeted Sr. Theresia Merry Christmas. When the party started, stacks of food were piled on the table. There was KFC! It was lunch! I got 3 servings of rice with KFC since that is my favorite type of chicken. After lunch, it was time for Kris Kringle: The Revelation. I was scared because my adviser said we should keep it a secret. But I couldn't keep my mouth closed. I revealed to one trustworthy but makulit girl named Maria. She revealed hers to me as well.

A boy named Jazz picked my name. His gift was so nice. It was a huge teddy bear. Jazz and Maria have been best buds since 5 months ago. My manita was Sophia Nicole. I gave her a Powerpuff Girls Stamp Set and one FLIX Fashion Accesories Set. Then we had games. My group won 3 games while Clark's group won 1 game only.

After the break, we had to go to the gym for the mass and the presentation. The priest was funny. During his homily he said" Kung pangalan mo Kristiyano, dapat gawin mo ang ibig sabihin ng pangalan mo sa Ingles. Example: Pangalan ko Michael Angelo! So magiging anghel ako!" So he kept blabbering until the funny part came" Kung ang nanay at tatay race-car driver, magiging pangalan ng anak nila Honda, Ferrari at Mitsubishi!" Everyone laughed!

Then I looked at my watch. I had to call my mom at 5:00pm because I needed to attend Papa Roding's birthday celebration. When it was 5:00pm, I asked my adviser if I could call my mom on the public phone. She said" No! Stay here! Don't go anywhere without my permission! I'll just text your mom!" Then she told me" Your mom will text me if she's on her way!" My adviser told me to go with her backstage. She was talking on the phone to my subject teacher who is in Maryland, USA. She was the teacher of Gr. 3-OLM. Some Grade 3 students sobbed so hard because they missed their adviser and they were forcing her to go home.

Ms. Vicky met with the choir members and said to them " OK! Tomorrow at 7:30 am! Ask your parents to fetch you on time!" All of them said that they'll go alone. They can even bring cellphones. So, Ms. Vicky continued" Basta hanapin niyo si Mr. Kumon! Tandaan niyo 'to ha! 7:30 am hanggang 10:00am. Pwede may kasama, pwedeng wala. Pwede rin niyo dalhin ang cellphone niyo ha!"

At around 5:30 pm, Ms. Vicky told me that my mommy is coming so, I packed my things and ran down with my adviser to my mom in a taxi then I went home with lots of gifts.

No comments: