Saturday, December 8, 2007

My Experience in The Marian Celebration


I was assigned to dress as an angel for the Marian Celebration so it was absolutely hard to find the costume but we found it. The entire thing was like this. I dressed up as an angel and I was super excited to do it. I looked so great but guess what? The entire thing almost became a disaster since I was almost late. The program starts at 3:00pm according to the Assignment Notebook and the taxi driver along with a worker from Papa Roding's house named Randy came at exactly 2:50pm so I almost became super late for the celebration. We went down when we reached my school and most of my classmates kept telling me" Your name is Angel and you are dressed like one! That means double ANGEL!" So, I saw lots of angels there but the celebration wasn't starting yet. I also saw my 3 best friends too. So, we chit-chatted for a while and my mom and tita gave me a bouquet of flowers to offer to Mama Mary.


The celebration finally started. It was time for the Rosary Dance Procession. Ms. Leslie, the Grade 4 adviser let all the angels hold letters that say altogether: AVE MARIA. An announcer started praying the rosary and after each mystery of the rosary, we would all sing Immaculate Mother. When it was almost the 4th mystery, my feet ached more than ever and my posture was getting lower and lower. I also saw my mom who was with a bunch of other mommies. She asked me" Hi Baby! Do you want a fan?" I just frowned and said" Yes, please!" So she fanned me for a while until it was time to walk once again.
My halo fell down and I screamed" Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" I turned back and saw her still holding the fan, but she can't hear me. If only I could have a voice as loud as a dinosaur's roar, I thought. I continued screaming the word "MOMMY" until the mom of my friend in the other section of Grade 1 approached me and fixed my halo. I told her" THANK YOU!" but I didn't realize I was breaking the line so I ran.

When we reached the gym and the announcer stopped praying meaning it was finished, we stood on the stage for a while and then went down. One high school student told me" Para kay Mama Mary ito?! Sa'kin muna ha? Ok!" We took our seats and I felt so hurt that my bone felt like it had a fracture. Polly said" Do you want me to call a doctor?!?!?!?" I replied" Your mom? She's a leg doctor, right?" Polly said, worried sick" She's a bone doctor as well!" I told her, "quick ! well, call your mom!" Polly said" I can let you go to PCME, it's a children's hospital or maybe I can let you go to an American doctor?!" I replied" Good! I like American doctors! I can communicate with them better!"

The celebration started and the Grade school pupils started dancing the dance we practiced for 2 days so I thought maybe the angels could come down and dance as well but we didn't! I worked so hard on the dance moves and it was wasted! I frowned, so did the rest of the angels and complained" Oh man! I worked so hard on the steps and then it was all wasted!" The high school students did their dance but the problem was.......THERE WAS ABSOLUTELY NO LIFE IN THEIR DANCE! They all frowned while they were dancing but they were graceful dancers. Also, after every dance, they would move from one line to another to give a vacant line for the next dancers and they would wave flags up high while a person sang" Ang Puso Ko'y Nagpupuri".

After the dance thing, we all played, had a break and we said the Litany. The angels also went onstage and there were students representing I think different names for Mama Mary. Ms. Melissa told us" Ok! Now, punta ka na kay Mommy!" We just all went back to our seats. After the explanation of the different names for Mama Mary, we had a play break then the mass started. After the mass, there was pabitin. It's a game where you try to get as many toys with all the toys hanging up on a big thing. I told my parents" Only crazy people would ever wanna go there!" because I didn't want to join. My mom said" But baby, everyone's going there!" I felt embarrassed and said" Oops!"

After all the mayhem and fun that day, we went to Burgoo to eat dinner and celebrate my dad's birthday. That was the best experience ever next to going to the USA :-)!

No comments: